Monday, January 16, 2012

College Hockey at Fenway!

This Saturday I atteneded a very, very ridiculous and cold event: College Hockey at Fenway Park. It was a cool idea, so I thought it would be fun to go. Gosh, I can't even being to tell you how chillingly correct I was.

(My buddy Ray poured beer on a BC kid, more on that later.)

The event: Northeastern University, my alma mater, in an outdoor hockey game in the middle of winter, playing against Boston College. Northeastern has long had a rivalry with every other Boston school with a hockey team, so I was pretty thrilled to take part in what would surely be a loss on our part. Go team! There was alos the novelty factor, how many times is a guy going to be able to see a Hockey game played in the middle of a Baseball field? Not many, and frankly, after having attended, never again.

It was cold. Did you read my puns up top? Pay some fucking attention! It was really, really cold. Like, c'mon, there's really no reason to subject yourself to a mediocre display of athletics in the freezing goddamn cold. Sure, maybe if it was an entirely awesome thing (I'm not sure what that thing could possibly be, but bear with) that was worthwhile in the slightest, but this totally wasn't it.

And, I'm pretty sure the game was rigged. There was a point where NU scored a goal and it was scored for BC. If I was adding pictures into this, and I might, at a later date, if and when I remember and think it's a good idea, I'd add the picture of Jackie Chan looking all confused with the caption about Jackie's mind being blown. Then there was the NU breakaway, with a blatant BC trip... and no penalty shot. There was the egregious check, the multiple goals that had to be put under review, and the lack of importance placed on NU's dominating victory in the ice cream challenge.

I'm just making myself angry here, as a completely unbiased participant in a college sporting event, I am outraged. Still.

No comments:

Post a Comment