Sunday, January 15, 2012

I really like my new Logitech Keyboard that I use for my iPad! (Product placement)

I'm still writing about Christmas, this is wild!

I finally got a keyboard for this bastard iPad thing so I no longer have to use the awful, or at least not easy to use, touch keyboard. It's like I have the easiest to use computer ever, kind of, not really. It makes for a pretty fantastic word processor though. I can now type with the iPad on my lap, comfortably, without my hands being jammed all together. I can also access numbers and punctuation like a normal person.

The logitech bluetooth keyboard syncs easily to the iPad. It's comfortable and lightweight. It even comes with a carrying case that easily snaps into a stand for the main device that actually works while I have the case for the iPad on it.

Now I really don't need to carry around pen and paper. Which is all the better, as I really am not a fan of writing by hand. Typing has always been much more my bag. I really want to go on a complete tangent as to why that might be, but after staring at the mist that the humidifier is shooting up, I really can't think of a reason. We'll accept that this tangent will suffice for my favorite literary device.

I'm using a really great program to write in as well. I forget the name of it. One second. It's called PlainText. Great software. I've read for some time that writing inside of a program that blanks out the rest of the screen makes the focus on filling white space. It really does! It's much easier to concentrate and think like this, without the normal distractions that my laptop normally leaves. You know, that whole taskbar of options that will deliver me to a wild amount of different worlds. This, I actually have to reach forward and press a button or the screen to get out of. I'm practically trapped here! TRAPPED!

That's not true. Not really any way. But it kind of sort of not really at all feels that way in a manner of speaking. Who really knows what's going on inside of my head that's triggering this sharp focus to go from brain to screen at light speeds. LIGHT SPEEDS. I almost miss being able to italicize that I think the impression would be more what I'm going for. Which leads me elequently to my next point.

This thing syncs up to DropBox. So, if I ever type up something where I want to get real creative and add pictures, I can totally use my laptop as an editing tool and write all of the text on here. It's like nearly instant, practically.

I wonder if having the keyboard detached from the main device adds anything to the experience? Kind of. It's freedom. I used to have a whole wireless setup for my computer, back when I had a tower. A tower, can you believe that people had those things? People still have those things. I hope mostly for cheap alternatives to laptops or for gaming rigs. Heck, most games can be played on a decent laptop these days anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment