Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Goals

I've never been very good at sticking to a goal. I have a lot of interests and many of them are fleeting. Take a look at this blog for example. What I do have is a lot of energy, a lot of drive, and a lot of focus (even if that focus comes in small bursts). I burn through pop culture and different life events sometimes faster than I can really digest them. I think this might make me diverse, but it also makes me fickle. I can tire of one thing quickly. I need variety. Or do I need to dig deeper into the material that I've been given? Does the material that I consume deserve that?

Certainly a good thing about blogging is running through some stream of consciousness bullshit. There are thoughts I don't always get the chance to think.

Good stuff so far. Apparently I have some kind of goal based ADD. Maybe some kind of intense fleeting interest issue. I think a part of it is that I don't always know what I want.

So then the question becomes: how do I determine which goal that I set for myself is the right goal? Do I set them all and then decide of the ones I set which are worthy? That's not the worst idea. Ladies love lists.

I know that I like to write.
I know that I love to work out. On that note I know that I can't tell whether or not physique matters to me. I do know that I think I'll be a better athlete at a lighter weight, so let's shoot for that. I'm not sure if a utilitarian decision is what I'm looking for, I'm not sure if that's going to excite me. Maybe I shouldn't need to be excited, maybe some goals are going to be strictly for a different purpose. Logic.
Work is obviously a priority. There are many goals that I can put under that banner. I'm not going to clog my pseudo entertainment blog with work stuff though.
I also love video games.
I love comic books.

Clearly these are personal goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment