Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Millionaire Matchmaker: The Best Episode Yet

Yesterday I watched the best episode of Millionaire Matchmaker I have ever seen. Considering that I've seen all of them, and find the show to be generally entertaining, I'd like to think that says something.

To start, if you're unfamiliar with the show, Millionaire Matchmaker airs on Bravo and features the struggles of an extremely energetic (and loud and opinionated) professional matchmaker named Patty. Patty is not someone you would want to fuck with, to put it lightly. Anywho, what she does is find love for her clients, clients who have to have a net-worth of at least one million dollars. I can imagine finding perspective matches for such clientele is easy, cast a wide enough net and you're bound to find a handful of prospects just waiting for the chance to marry into money.

It's the finer points that make the show really interesting. Most of the time the millionaire or millionairess (which is apparently a real word, I was expecting my spell check to red-line that one) has a reason they have yet to find love: work, generally anti-social, not sure what they're looking for, etc... So Patty grooms them and coaches them and sends them on their merry way. Being very successful people, they butt heads with the person they're paying, I can only assume, decent bank to provide them a service and Patty explodes all over them. It's fantastic television and it can happen several times an episode. Love it.

Onto what made me happy!



And there's more! I strongly recommend you seek out the full episode, which is probably located on the Bravo page.

Now, I've seen superficial, hell, I thought I was fairly superficial myself, but DAMN, that woman makes me feel humble and modest. If you note, there is not one thing that she brings up on her own that does not have to do with that man's body or wanting to give him money, or wanting to bang him. He makes no bones about finding her unattractive and not much more than a pretty pink piggy bank, and she makes no bones about him being nothing other than a piece of meat. It's fantastic! In a perverse way they are made for each other. God can only hope that they don't procreate like she promised him. It's amazing that they're honest with each other about being horrid people looking for nothing more than status symbols to make them feel better about life. Just shocking in a way I don't think I've ever been shocked before.

Wow.

On the flip side the other couple featured on the show (every show has two millionaires looking for love) were perfect for each other and adorable. The juxtaposition was brilliant, it's almost like it was planned.

1 comment:

  1. Patti from The Millionaire Matchmaker is so funny and honest. I love watching BRAVO and thanks to DISH Network I get DISH Online. Working for DISH I can tell you that DISH allows you to watch all your channels including DVR events right on your computer. Check out www.dishnetwork.com for more info.

    ReplyDelete