Thursday, February 24, 2011

A little bit about 100 Bullets, with iPad typos!

Everyone dies in the end. This is my favorite rule in crime fiction. When done properly, it's always shocking even if I know that the rule exists and that it will very likely come into play, I still find myself caring about these brilliant doomed sons of bitches.

That was the lead, do you feel complied to read further?

I just finished reading 100 bullets by Brian Azzralleo and Eduardo Rizzo, which is still blowing me away. I read the entirety of it in a little over a week, which, in my mind is the perfect way to read a book like that. I can't imagine what the monthly crawl was like for people. Though, I suppose I must apologize to Mrs. Azzarello and Rizzo for not supporting them in a monthly format, but, I knew I wouldn't be able to do that to myself.

I'm not ready to go into the details of the story right now, I'm pretty sure I need to reread all 100 issues first to fully absorb the work, I feel like I owe it that. I just want to comment on how beautiful the plot is, and how wonderfully developed the characters are, and how I love how some of the most important parts of the story happen between the panels. This book won't work for you if you're not paying attention. But don't worry, it demands that you respect and admire it.

There aren't, to my knowledge, any lazy issues. There is one that I don't believe is fully plot related, but I could be wrong about that. There's also a plot point that I'm not entirely sure I understand, but I'm confident that if I was paying better attention to a particular scene I would get it (note: I do know what scene that I think I need to go back to).

This book is rich and enriching. It's about betrayal and secrecy. Their are wheels within wheels and I'm confident that getting to know these characters again and revisiting their world will be a terrifying delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment